Bu sayfada kendi okumalarımdan değerli bulduğum çıktıları paylaşıyorum.
Rules of Finance:
- Dont run out of cash
- Make smart investment decisions
- Make smart financing decisions
Rules of Management:
- Set goals and expected results for your employees, write them down max. 250 words, readable in a minute.. This way, all parties will know what a success is.
- One minute praise: tell your employees when they do something right.. This way they will try to do more things right until they do all right.
- One minute reprimand: when your employees do wrong tell them what they did wrong and how could do it better. Don’t mistake this as being angry to a person but being not satisfied and sorry for them making wrong.
Typical Business Strategy Script
- Company – info on company
- Market – info on market, environmental analysis
- Competitors – info on competitors / competitor analysis
- Competitive Situation – Five forces analysis, Capabilities analysis, Competitive Life Cycle Analysis, Strategic map
- Conclusion & Recommendations
When an acquisition is on the topic, ask yourself:
- How much of an effect would the acquisition have on the market value of the firm
- How much will market prices fall if competitors made the acquisition instead
Productivity (Ref: ayearofproductivity.com):
- Productivity is sum of Time,Energy and Attention
- Look for Pareto’s law (80/20) in what you do and find that 20% and then work on them. (Focus yourproductivity on most efficient tasks)
- Set your body for productivity: Eat well, Get enough sleep, Exercise & Meditate
- Form good habits to automate good and productive behaviour.
- The best way to feel motivated is to know why you want to get smt done.
- Do at least one important but not urgent task every day.
- Set 3 outcomes a day (not to dos)
- Productivity isn’t about how much you produce it is about how much you accomplish.
- Use schumpeterian cycles to maximize the rents from your life. Always increase the bar.
- Learning is 70% doing, 20% studying, 10% coaching
- Pomodoro technique
- Fast reading techniques
- Only doing is doing, knowing is not doing (PRD)
- Problem is the difference with actual and desired outcome.
- Sales is understanding.
- Brand is a promise. Strong brand is a promise kept, always and everywhere.
- Features tell, benefits sell
- Marketing is management of profitable customer relationship
- Hayat seni güldürmüyorsa espriyi anlamamışsın demektir. Antonakakis chehov
- What gets you here won’t get you there.
- Material beats method
- Procrastination is like masturbation, in the beginning it feels good, but in the end, you’re just f***ing yourself!― Michael McCarthy
- Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healty, wealty and wise – Benjamin Franklin
- Save 10% of your income to work for you. Make investment with that money and invest its gains again. (Finance)
- To go deep in the reasons ask yourself 5 consecutive times why
- Sharpen your axe before chopping the tree – Abraham Lincoln
- Always think‘why’ ahead of doing something
- Pareto’s Law = 80/20 technique – 80% of your outcome is results of 20% of your efforts.
- Goals shall be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic & Time based
- To enjoy an occupation you shall have autonomy, mastery and purpose
- If any action takes less than 2 minutes, do it immediately. (GTD) (PRD)
- Parkinson’s lawis theadagethat “work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion”.
- Economic Profit:Toplam hasılatın, fırsat maliyetini aşan kısmı
- The evolution of mankind depends on one system: trial and error. Learn from your mistakes and try new next time. As Niels Bohr said,an expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
- Get out of your comfort zone. That’s where you learn and explore the new, where more resources lies.
- Life is all we see around us. So carefully pick your map of where you are and where you want to go (7 habits of highly eff. People dan duzelt)
- 2 most effective super powers: to know when and how to say‘No’ and knowing what to do next
- Margin of safety
- Minimum effective dose
- Do at least one important but not urgent task every day. (PRD)
- Write down 3 things everyday: What you eat, what you exercise and what important thing has happened in your life (social, emotional, sensual, financial) (To reflect what makes you happier and feel more accomplished)
- Thank god for all you have
- Set 3 outcomes a day (not to-do s) (PRD)
- Have a map for your future actions and visit it weekly.
- Write down 10 ideas everyday
The richest man in Babylon –
Seven habits of highly effective people –
One minute manager
Sales pyramid:Product > Advantage > Solution > Benefit > Profit (Based on needs)
Obstacle is the way
- If it were easy it would have been done already.
- 4 Happiness chemicals / Epicurus
- Happiness is a “how” not a “what” H. Hesse
- Multiple projects lead to multiple successes
- If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
- Things get measured gets managed
- Self one / Self two